Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Mombrier July 16

Another blustery day. It is a little bit warmer today and supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow. We are hopeful!

I had an upset stomach most of the day. Stuart went to the market on his own and got what we needed, or wanted is more accurate. I am making great progress on scrapbooking. 

Stuart prepped a shrimp dinner but instead of cooking it, we will have it tomorrow. No use him going to all that work when I don't feel hungry. Toast and tea was my dinner!

The only real excitement here yesterday was Paul pulling out their tractor, adding the forklift, and moving 2 huge pallets of supplies into the shed. I suppose it is all items for Fanny's staging business. She is gone this week, so she will unpack all of that when she is back I am sure. Still enjoying the countryside!!!




My personal notes:
The A/C at Julie's stopped working. She is staying at my house (with Tony) until it is fixed. Sam looked at it last night and thinks he knows what it is. He plans to fix it on Friday unless something comes up. I DO appreciate Julie can call them and they help her. The family is always there when she needs them. I am grateful Jeff will get the parts from his work so that is helpful too. 

Sierra called me on a video chat yesterday. I was so happy. I do miss my family and hearing about day to day things. I got to see baby Noah and that was fun. She told me all about the birth, which was exciting to hear. He was 2 weeks old yesterday. He now weighs more than 8lbs. He lost quiet a bit of weight in the hospital but happy to see they have been to the doctor 3 times to monitor that. He also had a tongue tie that is clipped now so he does not have to struggle to eat. Anyway, they are happy he is healthy and growing. Doug is back and so far the adjustment has been good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mombrier August 4 & 5

Aug 4: Up and out by 4a. The trip into Bordeaux was uneventful, except being as dark as possible. On our 2nd or 3rd attempt to find the righ...