Saturday, July 27, 2024

Mombrier July 27

Today I spent a good deal of the day scrapbooking and Stuart was writing. We had Thai soup for lunch again, my request. This time he added more noodles, it was very good. 

Late afternoon we took a break and had a nice walk around the property in a different direction. We found their bee hives. We also found a place where we thing the deer we have seen come from out of the trees. We saw some nice berries but there is no way to get to them. There at at least two giant oak trees that are just beautiful. I took more photos. After that we went to pick some plums off their tree. They invited us to do so. They are very tiny plums, but we saw the exact ones in Carrefour, so they must be popular in this area. They are very tasty. We noticed an apple tree that is dropping apples, so we picked a few of those as well. I got the idea of making a pie if possible. We didn't have all the right tools or supplies but I gave it a try. The crust was horrible! I know one isn't supposed to overwork pie crust dough, but I had no rolling pin so pressed it into the pan the best I could. At least the fruit in the pie was good! No pastry cutter, used a whisk. I won't do that again anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mombrier August 4 & 5

Aug 4: Up and out by 4a. The trip into Bordeaux was uneventful, except being as dark as possible. On our 2nd or 3rd attempt to find the righ...