Friday, August 2, 2024

Mombrier August 2

Today we are going to take care of some details preparing for our departure. Laundry was the first order of the day. We went into Bourg so I could get more Euros at an ATM, I like having a decent supply for my next trip to Europe! We made sure we know how to refuel the car so we don't have any issues in Bordeaux in the wee morning hours Sunday. We spent a bit of time collecting our various things that found new homes here. At least I didn't buy anything at all this trip, so everything should fit in my suitcase! I did look for specific tea towels I liked, but never found any. 

On our way back from Bourg we took a little side trip to Chateau Beaulieu, a winery by the same name is in Napa Valley, and I wanted to see it. Lovely place, but closed. Stuart read there are a lot of things closed in July/Aug as it is typical vacation time here in France. We took a few other little roads, one was even dirt with grass growing in the middle! Fun little outing. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Mombrier August 4 & 5

Aug 4: Up and out by 4a. The trip into Bordeaux was uneventful, except being as dark as possible. On our 2nd or 3rd attempt to find the righ...