Sunday, June 30, 2024

Taste of Bordeaux June 30

Despite my early bedtime I slept until almost 10a! Stuart is off to breakfast and I relaxed in a nice hot shower and shampoo. By the time I finished  it was about lunch time. We had the Bistro lunch that I must say was a bit disappointing. Pizza was dry, overcooked or both. 

We played a few games of Rummikub and I enjoyed the prettiest French Coffee I ever had. So elegant!

However, that was followed by a macaron demonstration. We heard about how to prepare the componants and then we put together the premade componants. I thought of Sam making the perfect macarons! We tasted btut did not eat them...much to sweet for us, but fun to participate.



At 4:30p we had a Wine Festival, it was very nice. Singers really entertained and the wine was good. The walk back was all downhill so that was easy!




Tonight was the Chef's Table. This was 7 delightful courses. Amazing tastes and we shared a table with 2 other, nice, friendly couples. (shown in opposite order of serving)








After dinner we enjoyed piano music and some dancing until midnight!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste of Bordeaux July 2

No baby this moring... but soon. Noah Lee Wakeman was born July 2, 2024 @4:48a weighing 7 lbs. 11 oz. Welcome to the world! This was 1:48p m...